rwyb sat 10th june

rob w

had a good day. lining up in the heat not so nice.

Kept missing 2nd to 3rd. Take for ever for the reves to come back down.

fastest for me was 15.85 (sheet attached). This was after i squerted water on the intercooler.

be going again soon not quite sure when

9486.attach

a proper drag car. He didnt give it full beens all the way. I wish i had the video camera in to record it. It was a "steet legall" with a parachute, huge wheel. that sort of thing.

It felt good being on the same track' if a little noisy.

i'll get him next time.

That will be Andy F in the scoob then.

Nice to see you again Rob. My best time was a 16.33 on the day, with 6 runs of 16.55 or better.

My consistancy is certainly improving, but launching is still a problem. It was the first time suffering too much grip when launching, so that took a bit of getting used to. But the heat was really hammering the intercooler, looks like I'll be cutting out the vents at the front. That last pass with the grill removed was the only one were the car had some top end speed.

I wasn't the slowest car there, but I didn't manage to beat anyone on the day, but it was nice to see my driving is improving. Biggest laugh was someone asking what I had put in my fuel as the car was smoking so badly........

you got to love the soot.:rofl:

All hail the soot.:rofl:

ran out of water and cant see out of my back window

check out the discussion on wether the piky mod works in the fabia bit in performance. Next time i'll take a water spray and am thinking mine will be bigger. untill i can afford a front mounted one.

one run i lined up behind a proper big drag bike. It did an 8.2. It was big and then it was small in the distance. awsum:eek:

i was still spinning my wheels but the tyers i used were pritty soft and it was much better than last time.

one run i lined up behind a proper big drag bike. It did an 8.2. It was big and then it was small in the distance. awsum:eek:

gotta love em. Sweet.:)

That will be Andy F in the scoob then.

Whom else:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well this time I ran against something slower than me - MGB GT

0.3 of a second slower than a Rapid 136 in std form (19.3 against 19.6)

Going again in august - need to beat this guy again!