Infotainment system replacement

Hi all

I’ve just bought a Škoda Octavia 2013 2.0 Elegance TDI CR 150 Diesel. As I am sending my Kodiaq back in to Škoda as I’m at the end of my finance. 

I want to change the infotainment system so I can plug my phone in and use Apple play and maps etc, like in the new style Skodas. 

I also want to get front sensors put on the car.

Is this all possible to do on this car? If so what’s the best system to get to do what I want to do?

Thanks for your help!! 

Heather 

Morning Heather, welcome to the forum.

@pab567 can probably suggest what can be fitted for your infotainment system, he will notice your post and respond soon (have your VIN prepared on your computer in a text file)

@East_Yorkshire_Retrofits @ApertureS are two companies that might be able to discuss the retrofit of front parking sensors (do you have the rear sensors at the moment?)

Edited by varooom

Thank you for replying to my post, really appreciate it. Yes, I currently have rear sensors but no front.

I’ve seen some infotainment systems with front and rear cameras as options as well, wasn’t sure whether this was worth it?

• Like 1

Hopefully one of the retrofit people will respond at some point, not sure I would be too bothered about cameras myself.  Parking sensors are probably worth it, but rears are the only one's that interest me.  I can park fine without, but my son is learning to drive in the car, and the front and rear are invaluable for him 😄

Forgot to say, the only upgrade I did was to fit LED's to the reversing bulbs, as the original bulbs are like two candles (I undertand they are there for you to signal your intentions to other motorists before someone speaks up) but I prefer to see the surroundings for my own eyes.

Edited by varooom

• Sponsor
13 hours ago, hjarvis87 said:

Hi all

I’ve just bought a Škoda Octavia 2013 2.0 Elegance TDI CR 150 Diesel. As I am sending my Kodiaq back in to Škoda as I’m at the end of my finance. 

I want to change the infotainment system so I can plug my phone in and use Apple play and maps etc, like in the new style Skodas. 

I also want to get front sensors put on the car.

Is this all possible to do on this car? If so what’s the best system to get to do what I want to do?

Thanks for your help!! 

Heather 

All of this is possible, please send us a message with the cars registration and we'll sort a quote for you 🙂

www.eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk

• Like 1

On 22/01/2023 at 10:32, varooom said:

Hopefully one of the retrofit people will respond at some point, not sure I would be too bothered about cameras myself.  Parking sensors are probably worth it, but rears are the only one's that interest me.  I can park fine without, but my son is learning to drive in the car, and the front and rear are invaluable for him 😄

Forgot to say, the only upgrade I did was to fit LED's to the reversing bulbs, as the original bulbs are like two candles (I undertand they are there for you to signal your intentions to other motorists before someone speaks up) but I prefer to see the surroundings for my own eyes.

On 22/01/2023 at 12:34, pab567 said:

@hjarvis87 VIN pls

On 22/01/2023 at 12:34, pab567 said:

@hjarvis87 VIN pls

It’s TMBKJ7NE8E0117321

Thanks for your help

@hjarvis87 you have Amundsen MIB1 with DAB model number 5E0035874A, you must have your display and glove box unit replaced. Depending on your needs and budget you can install eith Bolero MIB2, Amundsen MIB2, Columbus MIB2 or Columbus MIB2.5 system. Fortunately, you have NO Canton sound system so there is no need to replace power amplifier. For Apple CarPlay support you also need to replace USB port. If you are interested in buying such set pls contact me on PM.

• Like 1