Octavia vRS buying points?

MRO881E

Patience Denis, patience.
Patience? Patients?? Patents??? Pants???? The latter, I think, from mention of a shark fin roof spoiler in another thread. (That adornment was a bit too kitsch for my taste, Des, but each to his own). :(

Mike' date='

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the Golf. SWMBO is half thinking about trading the A4 and getting a 5-door Golf 1.8T. We / She's had Golf GTI's for many years (Mk1, Mk2, Mk3) but never the Mk4 version.

Cheers,[/quote']

I had a Mk3 16v for my last car. Tough to compare cos my Mk3 had a miltek, K&N and Koni Adjustables.

The Mk3... sportier ride (Koni's), sportier sound (Miltek), felt more nimble, Looked nicer (Koni's -40mm and 17" alloys)... Sold cos I wanted a change.

Mk4... More comfortable, quieter, more responsive to a chip (211lb/ft).

If you are thinking of a Mk4, get a 2000 onwards one with DBW (mine is non-DBW and the response to chipping was turd - 172bhp)

Give me my Mk3 back - the more I think about it, I loved it really!!!