Help needed please - West Yorkshire

FatWolfie

Morning all.

As per other posts I’ve made, I am being driven mad by the fake exhaust noise in my 2022 VRS Petrol Octavia.

From what I’ve read elsewhere on the forum, I can buy an OBD Eleven and some tokens and cure this by turning the volume of the sound actuator to zero.

However I’ve never done this sort of thing before and wonder whether there is anyone out there with say 2 hours drive of Bradford who would be willing to either show me/supervise me doing the job* (using my own yet to be purchased) OBD Eleven unit/credits OR maybe for a fee be prepared to use their OBD Eleven tool and credits and do the job for me…

*rewarded suitably of course 

Here’s hoping! 

A brief update, I tried my old VCDS HEX-CAN-USB (really only made to talk to 2015 motors roughly, but not fully able to talk to the new ones) and couldn't find A9 module.

So out with ODIS, and I still was struggling as it was not a main module, but actually a sub module off Engine 01 address.  We did look all over google to find a guide as to where to look exactly, but alas very lacking.

Hopefully FW will post up, or me the images if needed.  Seeing the smile from him when the dreaded sound was disabled was priceless, it must be really awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to bring this request for help to a close…

Varooom very kindly contacted me this morning and by 15.00 today I was at his place, only about 15 miles from home.

I was so glad not to be tackling this job on my own, Varooom very patiently went through loads of stuff on his ODIS and laptop and eventually, hidden away, the solution was found.

And finally I have the car set up just as I want it, with no VERY annoying fake sound in any mode. Bliss 😎😎😎

Thanks again to Varooom, a real hero of this forum. And a top bloke 👍🏻👍🏻👏🏻

I will put a post separate to this using some screenshots Varooom took and (hopefully) an explanation in case others struggle to fix this issue and don't have access to OBD Eleven or VCDS but do have ODIS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, varooom said:

A brief update, I tried my old VCDS HEX-CAN-USB (really only made to talk to 2015 motors roughly, but not fully able to talk to the new ones) and couldn't find A9 module.

VAG made changes to many modules from 2015 onwards which means the HEX-CAN cannot communicate with the newer ones, With the current cables, HEX-NET or HEX-V2, you CAN communicate with A9 directly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

VAG made changes to many modules from 2015 onwards which means the HEX-CAN cannot communicate with the newer ones, With the current cables, HEX-NET or HEX-V2, you CAN communicate with A9 directly.

Yup know that one myself, I have ODIS so used that to (eventually) find it in there.

Handy for others to know the cut off date of where it does go wrong in diagnostic with older VCDS.