Which Mud Flaps do I need?

RallySimon

I've just got a Karoq SE L 150TDI 4x4 (2 months old, 1000 miles on the clock), pictures hopefully below.

I'd like to add the proper Skoda Mud Flaps to it, but am a little confused as there are 2 versions for the front:

These: https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/collections/skoda-exterior-protection/products/front-mudflaps-karoq-with-plastic-wheel-arches-extensions

or these: https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/collections/skoda-exterior-protection/products/front-mudflaps-karoq

The difference in the description says with or without plastic wheel arch, but the photo looks exactly the same - does 'plastic wheel arch' mean the small black plastic surround on my wheel arches or is it refering to something bigger that would come down to where the mud flaps fit?

Please can someone who knows about these things tell me which version to order. Back ones are simple as there is only one version to choose!

Thanks,

Simon.

2023-New-Car-1.jpg

2023-New-Car-2.jpg

Easiest way to tell is have a look at pictures of Karoqs on Autotrader or used cars on Skoda website.

The vast majority of cars do no have any plastic trim going around the wheel arch or along the bottom of the sill. However your car does. I'm surprised at that, I thought it was only the Scout models that had the 4x4 look. I guess they've reintroduced those trims.

The only difference between the two is the 'wheel arch' mudflaps have a cut out to accommodate that extra plastic trim.

Going slightly off subject, my previous Ateca had those plastic arch extensions - don't know what happened but came back to find the smaller section was missing - about 1/3 the size of the whole arch. It's literally just a thin plastic strip with an edge to fit over the metal panel. If it were on sale at Poundstretcher it's have cost no more than a £1. I paid something like £70 at SEAT. 😲   That's why when i bought the Karoq I made sure my one didn't have them. 🤣

Edited by kodiaqsportline