Aux heating, electric element PCT, wire circuit

Hi I would like to retro fit a aux electric heater to my 2011 MK2, part number 1K0963235F

I can't seem to find the wire diagram on my workshop manual, only fuse locations and relays, but nothing on the heating element itself, I have found plenty of them on eBay, and can source all the cables and connectors.

does anyone have a full circuit diagram available, or a link to any thread of people doing a retrofit, I've seen a few of the 1K0963235E but they are harder to get hold of.

also has anyone ever installed one of these but bypassed the control unit, and just had an on/off switch? 

Screenshot_20230316-134309.png

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of different types.

This one looks like the one that has three different heating circuits all controlled by separate relays.

There's also another one that gets connected to a (beefy) +12v feed and ground and connects to can-bus and is then "told" by the car to regulate the output.

• Thanks 1

I managed to find the wiring diagram now, I'll post it on here incase someone comes across it in the future.

Yeah the later one seemed like an easier install but just a bit trickier to source and are a lot more expensive.

This one has 2 relays one for a low setting to heat one element, and the second relay to heat 2 elements, I'm going to use the original wire set up, but instead on the wires going to the ECU, I'm going to have them on a 2 way switch on the centre console, so I can control it manually, it's something I should have done at the beginning of winter instead of just after it lol Screenshot_20230316-223853.thumb.png.fb2ae7e4a80bbc0dfa3fabebe643481c.png