Rear OPS Graphics to RNS315 + Maxidot problems

Hi!

Finally got registered here, because can´t find solution to my problem, and here´s my first post. 

My car is Octavia MY08 and i changed Stream MP3 radio to RNS315. I think that RNS315 was from MY13/14 Octavia or SuperB. I have rear OPS, factory fitted but when i changed that radio, there is no OPS graphics seen on screen anymore. And at the sametime when changed radio, MAXIDOT lost Music menu(or what was that), and some another menu, i think it was door locking or something setup menu. And my MFSW buttons stopped working. Should Can Gateway upgrade to newer one or what need to do?

I also replaced old Climatronic to FL Climatronic and got those climatronic graphics seen on RNS315. Older one wont shown anything graphics.

Greetings from Finland 

• 2 weeks later...

Your car being an MY08 it should already have the required can gateway.

When I upgraded my MY08 car to a Columbus the only way to get the parking sensor display back (and also the climate control without having to upgrade the unit) was with a Polar FIS+.

It emulates the newer can-bus signals to the stereo and passes the right signals etc.

Also adds some other nice Maxidot features.

• 3 weeks later...

Your PDC unit is most likely older 283B unit and you will need to get 475B od D and for those you also need to run aditional 2 wires for drive CAN from gateway if the car is not FL, Im not sure about MAXIDOT and MFSW since mine RCD330 needed CANBUS decoder ... It was only like 15€ so worth a try.