Wheel corrosion

Has anyone had any luck getting this rectified under warranty? One of my wheels paint is starting to bubble. Looks like the corrosion has started on the rear of the spoke and I moving it’s way round to the face. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/04/2023 at 08:44, Wonderloaf said:

Has anyone had any luck getting this rectified under warranty? One of my wheels paint is starting to bubble. Looks like the corrosion has started on the rear of the spoke and I moving it’s way round to the face. 

How do you wash your car?

There has been the issue with various Skoda alloys & corrosion (white worm)  for 2 decades.

Try a google (search engine)  like 'briskoda alloys white worm'  or briskoda alloys corrosion warranty

Usually the dealership employees dismiss it as being your fault, environmental conditions, products used etc.

But them rejecting any claim is not their job, their job is to get the pictures, maybe have the Warranty Manager or someone who's job that is to arrange to have the corrosion / wheel inspected.

They are getting really awkward on Warranty Claims, but you need to act like the spider in Robert the Bruce's cave.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toot said:

There has been the issue with various Skoda alloys & corrosion (white worm)  for 2 decades.

Try a google (search engine)  like 'briskoda alloys white worm'  or briskoda alloys corrosion warranty

Usually the dealership employees dismiss it as being your fault, environmental conditions, products used etc.

But them rejecting any claim is not their job, their job is to get the pictures, maybe have the Warranty Manager or someone who's job that is to arrange to have the corrosion / wheel inspected.

They are getting really awkward on Warranty Claims, but you need to act like the spider in Robert the Bruce's cave.  

My cars getting a new steering wheel soon and I've a long list of other faults to be looked at while it's in - I'll add the wheel corrosion to it lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1