Wireless Charging

Although I have had my new L&K since September I have never tried to wireless charge my iPhone until now. I have placed the phone on the charging area both in it’s protective cover and also without it, face down and face up but it still isn’t working. Is there something I am missing here?

PS. There is still no sign of the missing engine cover I was informed by Soda UK that would be supplied by the main dealer. Despite recent new car deliveries now arriving with the newly designed covers, the Main Dealer doesn’t know when covers will be supplied by Skoda for those who didn’t get one, or even if they will be supplied at all.

17 minutes ago, Coburg said:

Is there something I am missing here?

Daft question... but what iPhone do you have? I'm assuming it's an 8 or later, but you never know... 😉.

Definitely face up, top in first (i.e. right way up as you're looking at it) is best. It also doesn't start charging immediately, can take a good few seconds to get going. Case or no case makes no difference in my experience, but case can be better for large wireless pads (like in a car) because the phone sits flat on it (rather than there being a small gap caused by the camera bump). MagSafe or other smaller pads don't suffer from that particular issue because the camera bump hangs over the side of the pad.

2 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Daft question... but what iPhone do you have? I'm assuming it's an 8 or later, but you never know... 😉.

Definitely face up, top in first (i.e. right way up as you're looking at it) is best. It also doesn't start charging immediately, can take a good few seconds to get going. Case or no case makes no difference in my experience, but case can be better for large wireless pads (like in a car) because the phone sits flat on it (rather than there being a small gap caused by the camera bump). MagSafe or other smaller pads don't suffer from that particular issue because the camera bump hangs over the side of the pad.

My phone is an iPhone SE