Cruise Control issue

andromeda

20 plate Scala 1.0 tsi SEL manual

Intermittent jittery cruise-not working when passing through underground tunnel.

Anyone can confirm if this is how it should be?

Have recorded dash see https://youtu.be/kepl39Z-MJE jittery engine power left bottom corner at times speed loss as well and end part of video travelling through underground tunnel speed loss some 20 mph before taking over to gain speed.

7 hours ago, andromeda said:

Intermittent jittery cruise-not working when passing through underground tunnel

Are you sure it's cruise control and not a GPS assisted speed limiter?

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Are you sure it's cruise control and not a GPS assisted speed limiter?

Hi Ken, Dont know how it works, Dealer tested car said no faults found and that cruise was not the adaptive type.

(I just switch on the cruise on the paddle-and then set the speed. Thanks Derek

I have a '69 plate 1.0 SE and regularly go through the tunnel on the A38 at Saltash with the cruise control set to 30 with no problems.  I have also gone through the M25 tunnel at Waltham Cross with the cruise engaged without issues.  As yours is an SEL I suppose the underlying electronics could be different and my experiences are not relevant.

Edited by keystonedriving

keystonedriving, thanks its all good info for me, (you could be right abt the different electronics).

The dealer was evasive when I asked if this how its meant to be. Regards Derek

You have your speed limiter on turn it off. look at your video bottom right it goes to 50 so car will not go above that speed as it loses gps so reverts to 50 

• Like 1

Thanks skoda 1982. I had to change cruise speed manually because I moved into from 70mph into Colwyn Bay area (50 mph limit). The video is not the complete trip-I ‘cut’ parts out where the problem happened to keep video short. Once clear of the 50MPH limit i increased to 60 again. I will try to mark this up on the video! although i am extremely amateurish when working with video!!

Only had Scala a couple of months-will look to see if it has the speed limiter. I missed this-so thanks pointing these things out. regard. Derek