Skoda Connect.

Dropped my Kodiaq at a main dealer for service and software update.

Was told the update could take four hours or more.

No worries they gave me a courtesy car.

Problem was i could not to set myself as primary user and that stops you from accessing Skoda Connect.

This happened after a salesman done a factory reset to cure a problem with poor response from menu settings.

Skoda head office Technical had provided the dealership with the information they needed to rectify the problem.

Get a phone call saying Service done and software update complete.

Car was with them for approx eight hours.

Collected the car and tried to set myself as primary user while still at the dealership.

No go.

Still the same problem.

Staff tried also no go.

Now say they will need to take the car in for two days But cannot say when!

Get home to an e-mail from Skoda saying my car has been successfully removed from my Skoda Connect account!

You could not make this up!

Edited by Techguy

I have no idea how the system is programmed to work but it's an overly-complicated interface just to set up the system.

If I'd seen this issue prior to your car going to the dealer, my educated guess would have been an upgrade won't resolve the problem - I could of course be wrong. It may solve other problems tho!

In my expereince, the problem you have sounds to lie within the Connect database - I think it's down to bad programming. I've been saying it for years, I think that if there's an error during setup, the database locks the account and there's no way of getting around it. I certainly couldn't. Being in IT myself, anther educated guess is there will have been some attempt to lock out malware or hackers but the process wasn't thought thru properly.

Try using a completely different email address to one that's been previously registered with Skoda Connect.

edit:  just a thought - were you able to login as the primary user on the courtesy car or any other car?

edit2: for others reading this - registering the primary user on the latest MIB3 systems works differently to the previous MIB2.5. No issues with the older systems, it's just the newer ones that are pants.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
update

2 hours ago, Techguy said:

I would guess using a different email address would be rejected?

The idea is setting yourself up as a brand new user to Skoda Connect    i.e. it has no excuse to reject you.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

I've been having issues too. To be honest, Skoda are not good in terms of tech, my 2020 Superb iv has had ongoing connectivity issues since I got it in 2020. Car companies are not tech companies but they need to become tech companies quickly and provide the support needed.

My app stopped connecting to the car, I did the usual re-install, login and reactivate the account but its just not working. Skoda today told me: 

This is to bring to your notice with apologies that from yesterday / 22th of June, 2023 PM time, we were facing an unplanned, temporary outage of the Skoda customers database affecting the enrollment process.
Оur technical team has identified the issue already and is working hard to resolve it without any delay. Unfortunately, even after the resolution of an issue, it may still take some time until all the servers within the systems have stabilized.

After fixing the issue, hopefully very soon today, we kindly ask you to try again to establish the in-car enrolment process following the steps already submitted in our previous email.

It does seem over complicated - primary users, S-pins and activations....

Still struggling through it so I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am having trouble getting past the personal information page, of the app it will not save my details so I can go no further any advice, I am getting to the point of just deleting it and forgetting it all together 

Further update to my problem.

I have had e-mails from Skoda technical support.

They have advised me to to delete my Skoda connect account and then do a factory rest in the vehicle.

Then i should re-register my details etc.

Just as kodiaqsportline suggested(thanks by the way)

I have tried this several times and in different locations in case the location was the problem.

I still cannot set myself as primary user of the vehicle.

Because of this i still cannot reactivate Skoda Connect.

It now also tells me ,when exiting the vehicle that the user is not protected as no s-pin is set which is not correct.

This should be a storyline in a soap!

The car is now booked in to a main dealer again to try and resolve the problem at the start of Aug.

The saga continues.

Having the same issues, dealer says there are system issues (Skoda server backend), but I don't see many complaints here on the forum so it must be a very selective issue.

For nearly a month now the car has refused to accept my S-PIN (suddenly started asking for it at every startup), can't delete main user (so cannot reset anything), tried a factory reset but that doesn't seem to wipe the Skoda Connect / Care Connect info.

Now the Kodiak is apparently not activated - but I cannot activate as the car thinks it is!! Pretty rubbish considering this is a paid for service.

Skoda Connect works fine, can get weather etc so I know I have data available.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Hello.
how the problem was finally solved?I have same problem.
When service recall car and update software dosent work any more.

Hello Omrek

The problem was resolved by the Dealer deleted the software and then reinstalled it.

They also recoded the keys to the vehicle.

It took the best part of four hours as i remember.

I no longer have that car!

My issue of constantly asking for the S-PIN and then hanging the system seems to have magically fixed itself. Suspect it was a backend server issue all along, and the deleting accounts, factory resets were a waste of time.

• Like 1