17524 fault

I have a octivia 1.6 with a 17524 fault showing, it keeps returing when reset. I have changed the Lamba sensor in the front of the exaust but the 17524 fault is still there. The car has 50k on it and is buring a bit of oil. Have I changed the right sensor or is the oil burning trigging the ECU light??? Thanks

The car is 2001 and is used for Short school runs..:confused:

Alan

P1116

O2 Sensor Heater Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1 Open

It will be probe 1 between the engine and the catalyst.

It is showing a fault with the probe heater, an open circuit - check the wiring the fault may be there - a broken wire may be.

We replaced one yesterday on a 2001 1.6 the engine code was AVU. If you follow the exhaust from the engine backwards the fault is referring to the first probe, which would be closest to the gearbox, the wiring for which comes up into the engine bay.

The second probe is further along the exhaust after the catalyst and plugs into a connection on the underside of the floor.

You could try these for additional information

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/diagnostics-vag-com/oxygen-lambda-errors/16232/?highlight=17524

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=41911

We got the replacement probe from a VW dealer (quoted them the part number), it was about

Part number for front probe AVU 1.6 Octavia' date=' in my opinion is:

06A906262AN[/quote']And 06A 906 262 AJ is the one behind the catalyst for that engine.