Not a a Skoda owner.... YET

IanRoberts

Thanks for letting me in. Currently own a Seat Altea 1.9 TDI Stylance. 82k on a 58 plate. I'm now looking at an SUV. Originally was looking at Ateca, but heads been turned by the Karoq. Cambelt change is looming on my current car and it's not something I think is worth doing in a car worth around 1500. Was looking at the Karoq due to it been a more comfy ride and imo the interior looks a lot better. Was looking at 1.5 SEL. Any advice, thoughts/opinions  welcome 

We were forced out of our lovely Freelander by Mayor Khans ULEZ forthcoming expansion plans and I’d spent a long while deciding on a replacement. The Freelander was never really used to its full potential of a thoroughbred off-roader, but more for its driving position as I have a few access issues due to dodgy knees etc. 

My youngest son, at 6ft6 and with two little ones, recommended us to the Kodiaq which was my preferred option as it fitted the bill as far as access was concerned, although Significant Other suggested we’d never need the seven seats, so this led us to the Karoq. We opted finally for the 1.5 dsg Sportline over the SEL really due to it having the panoramic roof - the seats are more fitted and remind me of those in my old Impreza (oh how I still miss that car and its performance 😥) although not electrically adjustable. Have taken a while getting used to the infotainment system, for example having to play our own music via Amazon rather than downloading cd’s but perhaps that’s just my ‘older years’ 😏. And I don’t think there’s anything else I could need by way of driving assistance. And the forums been very helpful for any general queries I’ve had.

Now been owners for three months and enjoying it. Car had to go back in for a software issue but that hasn’t created any problems since. The Sportline has 19in low profiles as standard which look good on the Vega rims, but you’ll find many that comment that they aren’t the most comfortable ride. However having just replaced the Bridgestone OEM tyres with Michelin CrossClimates it’s been like chalk and cheese 😊

Edited by BTandSid

Thanks pal, I really like the look of the Karoq over the Ateca. Just gotta sort finances out, looking at one about 4 years old. So need to research what to look out for and what should of been done maintenance wise, cambelt etc... 

I was told at a dealership I visited that the Karoq and Ateca were fundamentally identical, although the Karoq had the edge when it came to the interior, driving assistance. It was also said the Skoda badge was preferred over Seat 

• Like 1

Can’t comment on that as I believe the ride will even be different across the Karoq range - there’ll be others on here that can give you more of a rundown on that aspect