Hi, i have a Skoda Octavia MK lll 2019 TDI. Coil light flashing.

Hi, i have a Skoda Octavia MK lll 2019 TDI.  Coil light flashing, Engine light also on, with Stop & Start error message. Vehicle has also lost power. I have also noticed the engine turns off with a small delay.

Has someone has a similar problem please?

Hi welcome to the forum

It sounds very much to me that it has gone into limp mode for whatever reason, a diagnostic scan is needed to trace the cause. Was it fine prior to this happening or are there other symptoms before this happened ? .  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Narcisse said:

Octavia MK lll 2019 TDI.  Coil light flashing, Engine light also on,

Do the brake lights work?

If "no", the replace the brake light switch.

If "yes, then, as @daftbugga you need fault codes reading.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2023 at 10:49, Narcisse said:

Hi, i had a basic scan and the fault code shows: P210200.  Throttle actuator - Control Motor Circuit - low

How did the turn out?

I got similar today, first flashing coil light came on and lost power, especially climbing hills. 20 minutes later check engine light came on.

Took it to garage and they said throttle (I didn’t see the code) - 5 weeks to get the part! They’ll check it over tomorrow before ordering parts to ensure that’s the problem.

52 minutes ago, Narcisse said:

Hi, The throttle was reset by my local garage ( using computer ) . No problem so far.

Try go for a reset if your car is a low mileage.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the information, mines a 2019 Seat Leon but same engine I think, 1.6 DGTE diesel. Relatively high mileage for its age, 68,000. 

I think the garage tried a reset yesterday evening, I’ll check. They suggested £650, but the only supplier answering the phone when I went in at the end of the day said 5 weeks for the part. They were going to call more suppliers today but haven’t heard back yet. I think they want to check it more carefully before ordering the part to ensure it’s the real problem. 

On 01/08/2023 at 12:23, Narcisse said:

Hi, The throttle was reset by my local garage ( using computer ) . No problem so far.

Try go for a reset if your car is a low mileage.

Hope it helps

Strange, my garage reset it last week which didn’t work. It went back in today for them to check that was the problem, order the part and fix it, but today the error cleared. They drove it and it didn’t come back. This evening I’ve taken it for a motorway run and no problems.

Fingers crossed that’s it done!