Rattle noise

john1952

I'm getting a slight rattle noise in my Mk4 Fabia Colour edition which I think is coming from somewhere inside the car. It's very difficult to pin point the source. At first I thought it was coming from somewhere towards the rear, but it could be the dashboard. 

It noticeable when I start my journey, but tends to improve a bit after I've travelled a few miles. 

I've done all the obvious checks - removed everything from glove box, storage areas, removed tool kit/jack etc.. from boot, taken out rear parcel shelf, adjusted head restraints............

Have any other owners experienced anything similar?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ettlz said:

I get a rattle from the handbrake release button, but from the driver's seat it sounds like it's coming from the dash.

Thanks - I'll see if that is the source of my rattle.  However, I've noticed that on the last couple of jouneys I've done, the noise appears to have subsided considerably.  Maybe it's temperature related ?  as it improves after a few miles when the engine has heated up and also we've had hot weather just recently?

Hi, my 5 week old SE Comfort DSG also developed a very similar rattle to you from the dash area front passenger side, did all the usual moving the glove compartment around to no avail. When my better half holds the dash it stops,  on smooth roads (laughs out loud) no rattle. It is definitely temperature related as when sun gets on the dash it goes, as per the last week or so when it’s been hot. I’m assuming the materials in the dash expand slightly and it stops. Hoping in the winter the heating inside the car will do the same.

Can live with it, absolutely love the motor and the DSG auto, my first having owned 5 previous manual Skodas.