NEED REPLACEMENT KEY AND CODING

18 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Hello Geoff, AFAIK there are only two options available to you - Stealer or some branches of Timpsons.

More options than that, there are types on Ebay who offer the service, no doubt Facebook as well, even more of the dodgy types on there.

I went to a RDV on a Sunday with an Eastern European guy who did mine very cheap, the property looked like a squat and drugs den, he wouldn't allow anyone inside, he took my only key to take inside and copy at which point I realised just what a dumb situation I might have put myself in 😒he might have disappeared from the rear of the building I was now stuck in an immobile vehicle in a very dodgy area and could not even lock the vehicle to go to find help.

He came back out with 2 keys cut then connected a gizmo to the OBD port and used another to read the original key when in the ignition, cant recall exactly but the cloned keys then worked and it was very very cheap.

Edited by J.R.

Thanks for the info, sounds very iffy glad it worked out OK for you. I have a solution to this issue. Gen company coming out to me with new key. Programming on site. £230+ vat which TBH is about what I was expecting. Thanks to all those who replied.

• Like 1

@J.R. - I was referring to safe or legitimate options. Timpsons quoted me around £130 a few years ago, but it meant travelling to another branch. 

Edited by Warrior193
added information