Unknown control.

Techguy

1 hour ago, Techguy said:

It feels a bit flimsy.

Don't push too hard... it's actually for the ejector seat!

In all seriousness, your description is a bit - how can I put this nicely? - difficult to follow. How about you post a photo and label the bit you're on about?

Edit:

Are you on about the lower glove box (H in the diagram) and the knob for opening the air flow (text below)?

image.thumb.png.d6c1b1fb5218dbea9338767ffe51c060.png

image.thumb.png.63c981c838fea04b85fb74ea19e7bfeb.png

Edited by Yogi-Bear

1 hour ago, Techguy said:

Sorry Yogi !

Its the lower  glove box in your diagram H.

Its located at the top right.

You mean inside the lower glovebox, just below the control dial for the glovebox chill?   I've had my car for 3years and you know what, I never saw that button before.  :D

glovebox_buttonJPG.JPG.b0a896d4267557d84b3001e88aaed0e6.JPG

I haven't frigg'n clue. At first I thought it was the switch for the glovebox interior light but it doesn't appear to touch the glovebox lid when it closes.  It's on a spring so doesn't feel like an on/off button and it twists like a volume knob. Had a look thru the .pdf owners manual - can't see anything.

It might well be an ejector seat 😲

EDIT:  Had a look at pics on Google of other Skoda gloveboxes - haven't come across a picture of any other Skoda models with this button so seems unique to Kodiaq. It's below both glovebox buttons so just wondering if in some way it controls the upper glove box - a locking mechanism or something?

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Techguy said:

Yes its just the dial i am talking about.

You say glovebox chill.

Thought it might be something like that.

The dial 😲   It has the same white graduated markings as the dash vent opener / regulator and the same ice symbol as your air conditioning button. Thought that would be self explanitory what it was?

Thought you were talking about the  rubber knob below it.  It maybe as simple as a rubber cushion to stop the glove box lid rattling when closed.  I've just never noticed it before. And as I say, I don't see it on other VW gloveboxes.

Hey ho.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1