Clutch is only two years old and needs replacement?

Kharl

Hi, when i replace the engine, the old one was burning oil, i decide to replace the clutch, the old one was working PERFECTLY FINE, but since you do not open engine everyday and it is a cheap part, i decide it to give it a new clutch... 

it is only been 45k kilometers since that, and first gear and reverse enter scratching the gears, it is more noticeable when i have been driving several kilometers in the city.

in 45k kilometers i have work the brakes 3 or 4 time, so i thought maybe air in the line could be the culprit, and not it was not, i did a bleeding in the clutch yesterday, lot of air came out and dirty fluid, but the clutch is almost the same, very very little improvement.

I remember my Peugeot 205 that used to have an opening to visually inspect the clutch disk, is there any way to verify the clutch integrity? if this were a clable driven clutch pedal, that would be an easy fix.

Edited by Kharl

• 3 months later...