My Dream Car

Okay Guys,

This is my Dream car, A 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. If it wasnt for the expense and difficulty of obtaining one, It would be standing in my driveway right now,

I just want to know what you guys think, and I am prepared for some "yank tank" bashing:D

Basically The Low down is

5.7L V8 (Same as in the Corvette/Monaro ETC)

260BHP@5,000RPM, 330 ft/bs @ 3500RPM, Redline: 5,500RPM

0-30: 3.4 Seconds

0-60: 8.5 Seconds

0-100: 22.6 Seconds

30-50:5.4/50-70:5.5

Top Speed: Electronically Limited to 108MPH

And heres the biggie, Kerb Weight 4,389 lbs. Seats 6 people, 3 in the front and 3 in the back. Is there another soul on here who would love this?, and drive around pretending to be Al Pacino

93flt.jpg

What strange dreams you have! :2002pimp:

Still at least it's different to the usual Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche

(No mention of fuel economy?)

It's very Frugal, 17MPG City, 22MPG Highway:D

In our Language Thats 14MPG around town and 18MPG on the Motorway

Quite reasonable

Probably slightly off topic, but hey...

my gf has a black 1972 Buick Riviera.... http://www.buick-riviera.com/

7.5L big block...... 2.5 tonnes, 0-60 in approx. 8... but that isn't the point.

I hated Yank Tanks, but love this big brute. Only 3 gears - 3rd goes from 30mph to around 110mph.

Relaxed driving, huge electric seats, aircon, pillarless, electric windows....wonderful.

Plus: 120 liter LPG tank (uses between 12 and 7 miles/gallon :eek: )

I understand how you could like those cars now! :thumbup:

Probably slightly off topic' date=' but hey...

my gf has a black 1972 Buick Riviera.... [url']http://www.buick-riviera.com/[/url]

7.5L big block...... 2.5 tonnes, 0-60 in approx. 8... but that isn't the point.

I hated Yank Tanks, but love this big brute. Only 3 gears - 3rd goes from 30mph to around 110mph.

Relaxed driving, huge electric seats, aircon, pillarless, electric windows....wonderful.

Plus: 120 liter LPG tank (uses between 12 and 7 miles/gallon :eek: )

I understand how you could like those cars now! :thumbup:

Yup, that's a nice car. The 1996 Fleetwood is my Ideal car because it truly was the last of the American gas guzzlers, They have cleaned up their act and gone all european. The Main gripe is that the interior fit and finish on American cars is awful, and 260BHP out of a 5.7l Engine. VW can get that from a 1.4 Twincharger, but I guess it's designed to rack up the miles. Despite all their faults I do love American cars. If I could honestly locate a Fleetwood and get it insured I would have it:D

And this would be mine - makes yours look almost realistic :D

gallery1.jpg

I'll take mine in the S spec with the R and C packages added :cool:

FIGHTER 'S' (optional) Max power 628/660 bhp* at 5900 rpm. Max torque 580 lb.ft 3900 rpm.

* Horsepower increases at high speed due to aerodynamic overpressure in inlet system

DRIVETRAIN - 6-speed manual or optional 4-speed automatic. Final drive 3.07:1 with limited slip function.

STRUCTURE - Massively strong steel and aluminium platform chassis. Steel rollover safety cage. Aluminium exterior panels fanned by hand. Carbon fibre doors and tailgate.

SUSPENSION - Front: unequal length wishbones with concentric spring/damper units. Anti-roll bar. Anti dive geometry. Rear: unequal length wishbones with supplementary toe control arm and concentric spring/damper units. Anti-roll bar. Anti-squat geometry.

BRAKES - Front: ventilated disc with six piston calipers. Rear: ventilated disc with four piston calipers. Servo assistance.

WHEELS - 18 X 10" forged aluminium

TYRES Front and Rear: 285/40 X 18. Spare: full size wheel and tyre. Space saver optional.

FUEL CAPACITY: 100 litres standard, normal range 350-500 miles. 135 litres optional range 425-650 miles.

DIMENSIONS - Length: 4420 mm. (14'6"). Width: 1795mm. (5'10") Height: 1345mm. (4'5") Wheelbase 2750mm. (9") Front track and Rear track: 1470mm. (4'10") Kerb Weight: 1540kg. (3450lb) Turning circle: 11.5m (37'9")

BASE PRICE FIGHTER £195,000

VAT @ 17.5% £34,125

£229,125

BASE PRICE FIGHTER 'S' £218,000

VAT @ 17.5% £38,150

£256,150

Anyone want to buy me one, I'll be very happy :thumbup: