Coming home/leaving home lights working intermittently

Evening all, developed a bit of an issue on my 2017 Octavia VRS, my Coming home/Leaving home lights do not always function. Noticed on Monday when I left for work early morning and unlocked the car, my lights did not come on as they usually do. I turned lights off and back to Auto with the car off, did a lock/unlock cycle and the lights functioned as normal. Tried it once more after getting to work and turning the engine off, and everything worked as it should. Yesterday everything functioned as normal also. 

Today I left work, unlocked the car and no lights whatsoever. Started the car and the lights came on as they should have. Got home and turned the car off, opened the door and no coming home lights. Cycled the lights off and back to auto, locked and unlocked the car again and bam, the CH/LH lights work as intended. 

It seems like they stop functioning when left for a longer period of time, I turned my car off about an hour ago and unlocking it turns the lights on, but leaving it overnight or during my shift at work results in them not always working.

Any ideas? My lights are always set to Auto, so I figure if it was an issue with the light sensor then the headlights wouldn't come on when the car is started, but that is not the case. I have no warnings on the dash either. My car has the full LED headlights if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance! 

I was curious if it was the battery, been running a hard wired dash cam with parking mode and a few months ago the dash cam has been shutting off during parking mode due to battery cutoff, makes sense that the cold weather might be taking the battery lower. Cheers for the input 👍 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2023 at 21:52, Swirly182 said:

My previous BMW did this when the battery was slightly discharged during the winter months. Might be worth a check...

Changed the battery over last week, got it coded in and this has sorted the issue out, thanks for you suggestion bud! 👍 

• Like 1