heater unlock (webasto)

I wanted unlock my heater(webasto) but couldn't use the setting "unlock heater" then I saw on obd11 forum
"disengaging heater" also does the job. It did but half of the job. webasto runs and blows air but only cold air.
Also Air condition does not blow hot air anymore. I think I miss one more step to do but I don't know what exactly.

OBD11 menu:
Control Units > Parking Heater(18) > Basic settings > Disengaging heater or Unlock heating device.
note: Unlock heating device: didn't work and end up with error all the time so I tried "Disengaging heater".

source: 
https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/10989/auxiliary-heater-locked
https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/golf-mk7-aux-heater-unlock-using-vcds.9359811/

Hi @ApertureS,

It was locked because of coolant overheat. Service thought it might be because of consistency was high

and I added 2lt of distilled water to match desired level of consistency but webasto was already locked. 

34 minutes ago, candasm said:

Hi @ApertureS,

It was locked because of coolant overheat. Service thought it might be because of consistency was high

and I added 2lt of distilled water to match desired level of consistency but webasto was already locked. 

Please supply the full fault code as it will give more details.

A coolant overheat will lock it out and i believe ODIS can unlock it when its in full lock, unsure if VCDS can do this. 

Edited by ApertureS

There is no fault code anymore because of I remove the fault codes, while trying to unlock heater.

Also other fault codes like overheat coolant errors disappeared after I run "disengaging heater" basic setting.

So there is no engage heater setting or program?

On 17/11/2023 at 22:18, candasm said:

There is no fault code anymore because of I remove the fault codes, while trying to unlock heater.

Also other fault codes like overheat coolant errors disappeared after I run "disengaging heater" basic setting.

So there is no engage heater setting or program?

If there is no fault code, the heater isn’t locked.

Look under live data for ‘reason for last turn off’ or something similar and post what it says exactly.

something else must be preventing turn on 

I also checked live data:

- Fault that prevents starting: not active

- A/C Request, auxil. heat mode: not active

- Flame generation: not recognized

I couldn’t find any other meaningful live data info. 

I belive these messagea still saying answering about “disengaged heater” basic setting.

I have tried

- Heater unit > Auxil. heater activation: active

- calibrate air condtioning with holding a/c + front flaps button.

nothing changes on the front but surprisingly rear flaps are blowing hot air 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, candasm said:

- Fault that prevents starting: not active

- A/C Request, auxil. heat mode: not active

- Flame generation: not recognized

These are the ones that matter.

Is this after you try and start the aux heating? If so, its not being recognised.

If it was locked it would say so under fault prevents starting. 

Although your recirc pump fault 'recirc. pump(B138215)' would cause a non start and needs resolving first. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had to replace recirc. pump(5Q0965561E) for webasto to work. But then another issue appeared. which is passenger side ventilators are not blowing hot air anymore only cold.

I ask to skoda service and they told me I have to replace heating radiator(5Q0 819 031 A) as well. But right now I don't understand why all this happened. 

Can it be because of silica bag?

• 3 months later...

Finally I solve this problem by replacing heater core and flushing/cleaning cooling system. I also replaced the coolant with G12 evo with a new expansion tank. 

12 minutes ago, SuperbTWM said:

Was this because of the Silica bag?

I didn't have any proof about it. I didn't ask service to investigate for it.

1 hour ago, candasm said:

I didn't have any proof about it. I didn't ask service to investigate for it.

Was the expansion bottle labelled "mit silikat" before the investigation and not afterwards?

14 hours ago, Paws4Thot said:

Was the expansion bottle labelled "mit silikat" before the investigation and not afterwards?

I had a mit silikat coolant reservoir and I replace it with non mit silikat version.