ACC speed detection (or not)

DieselDriverVRS

Not posted for a while and got myself a new car.  Over 15k now since March and about to go on for service. 

I was going to report the issue I have with the ACC to the dealer but thought if anyone else is seeing it?  I have now stopped using the ACC because it's to unreliable.

So my issue is I drive the M4 for a couple of junctions every day.  When the traffic has no speed restrictions the car seems to "detect" a change.

So your driving along at 70 and then randomly it detects 50 and it starts to brake, very dangerous in busy traffic.  Then it may detect 70 again after a mile or so. It sometimes goes to and from these a few times in a few miles.  Not very helpful.

The other day ( and this is why I have stopped using it ) it detects 100!  So we start hard acceleration. I had to switch it off to return to legal speed limit.

Are we a testing this technology for Skoda or something, because like a number of comments in other ACC issues, not sure I trust it.

As ever

Edited by DieselDriverVRS