Emergency call restricted message?

Phoenixboy

I've just had this message come up on my dash this morning a couple of times prior to starting the engine. 

Anyone else had this and is there a fix? Software gremlin?

20231226_101255.jpg

I had this a few months ago. Dealer said there was a technical bulletin on the issue and it was fixed under warranty. No reoccurrence 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rdb said:

I had this a few months ago. Dealer said there was a technical bulletin on the issue and it was fixed under warranty. No reoccurrence 

Thanks for the info, it's now gone out, so obviously an intermittent issue that'll probably return again. 

I also have a years extended Skoda warranty. 

I'll see if it comes back, if it does I'll book it in. 

Was just trying to avoid more trips to dealership again, as I'd had plenty of visits with my previous Octavia. 

I had asked dealer if I should wait until it reoccurred (as mine had only displayed briefly) they advised no bring it in and we'll fix it which they did.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rdb said:

I had asked dealer if I should wait until it reoccurred (as mine had only displayed briefly) they advised no bring it in and we'll fix it which they did.

Mine popped up 3 times this morning, now gone off. Although I bought it a week a go from a Skoda dealer, wouldn't you have thought they would have applied any outstanding software patches already or maybe it's a case of they would if it were to occur.

Cheers.

Had this constantly showing in our 2020 Karoq, noticeably when we hit a bump in the road, cornered a bit sharpish etc. We’d only had the car a few weeks so I called the dealer who assured me it was ok to use as normal, it was simply a software issue. Left the car with them for a day and it’s not cropped up since so assume that what the dealer said was correct and they’ve not simply whipped out a fuse 😂

I did read somewhere, possibly here, that it may be an issue with the fin on the roof not fitting as tight as designed and it could be water ingress? Worth investigating if the software route doesn’t clear it?

Edited by BTandSid
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BTandSid said:

Had this constantly showing in our 2020 Karoq, noticeably when we hit a bump in the road, cornered a bit sharpish etc. We’d only had the car a few weeks so I called the dealer who assured me it was ok to use as normal, it was simply a software issue. Left the car with them for a day and it’s not cropped up since so assume that what the dealer said was correct and they’ve not simply whipped out a fuse 😂

I did read somewhere, possibly here, that it may be an issue with the fin on the roof not fitting as tight as designed and it could be water ingress? Worth investigating if the software route doesn’t clear it?

Thanks for the info. If it comes on again I'll book it in at the dealers.  No doubt its probably been an ongoing intermittent issue thst the previous owner had probably ignored. 

Edited by Phoenixboy

I've just rung my local Skoda dealer up to book it in, they said its a common issue accross the brand, 99% of the time it's a new module that needs replacing and there's a 6 to 8 week wait for the part. 

So basically vag are producing cars that are not fully tested before being sold to consumers. 

The previous owner to my car must have put up with this intermittent issue coming up for years, prior to me buying it from a Skoda dealer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been experiencing this issue for the past 3 years. It happens at most 5 times a year. Interestingly, every time it happens, I notice that the Internet icon on Bolero turns grey. So, I simply think it's just a matter of disconnection from the eSIM. Usually, turning it off and then back on is enough to see the problem resolved. I've never gone to the dealership to investigate the root cause of the problem.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2024 at 12:59, cloudres said:

I've also been experiencing this issue for the past 3 years. It happens at most 5 times a year. Interestingly, every time it happens, I notice that the Internet icon on Bolero turns grey. So, I simply think it's just a matter of disconnection from the eSIM. Usually, turning it off and then back on is enough to see the problem resolved. I've never gone to the dealership to investigate the root cause of the problem.

It's not occurred since, but it's booked in at the dealers at the end of this month for the free software update. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just for info I will be unable to clarify whether my software fault would be fixable via a software update or a new module, as I've now exchanged my Scala for an Octavia Estate.