1.0 TSI Oil Leak

Vrtnbsy

I'm guessing that that is an early 8V 1.2TSI engine, and I'd think that either the O-ring seal is allowing oil in the forced air to leak past it, or that pipe is cracked, or if there is a plastic adaptor on top of the throttle body, maybe that is cracked or its O-ring - if it has one, is leaking.

That area really just needs cleaning up to help you work out exactly where the leak is..

Sorry I was dreaming, your car has a 1.0TSI engine, but what I suggested above still counts!

Edit:- the O-ring seal for the end of that pressure pipe that seals it to the throttle body is WHT 007 498, and the O-ring at the other end of that pressure pipe that seals it to adaptor and also the same that seals the adaptor to the turbo O/L is WHT 001 386 - you should only need one of the O-rings at the turbo end of that pressure pipe as you will only need to remove the pressure pipe alone or complete with the adaptor.

I'm suggesting that you remove the pressure pipe completely as doing that seemed, to me, to make life easier when refitting, and also allows you to wash the engine oil out of that pressure pipe, apply a spot of clean engine oil to these O-ring seals so that the pressure pipe can be fitted easier and so not damaging the new O-rings.

Edited by rum4mo