Adding multi function steering wheel

dilligaf

Hi from a newbie

A little background of me, been into mechanics for many years mostly light aircraft so better at setting points gaps (remember them?) than having a clue about modern cars, have MS so left arm is devoid of feedback and a right pita for adjusting radio and known to randomly flash people trying to use the cruise control stalk so would like steering wheel buttons.

Car is a fabia 2 estate elegance with 1.6tdi engine and currently skoda swing radio, I would like to get steering wheel buttons to operate varios functions as if my hand is anchored on the wheel my brain knows what it's doing without taking my eyes off the road, what parts would be needed to give the functions and would they be needed to be coded to the car?

Thanks for any info.

Dave.

I've spotted a wheel from a MK3 fabia with the controls and loom but no airbag, does anyone know if the MK2 airbag will be the same?

• 1 month later...