Most uncomfortable seats ever!!

Hi all,

I'm hoping to pick your collective brains! I have a Mk1 Octavia estate with relatively low mileage at 82k. 

I've had the car 2+ years and always found the seats hard going on long journeys, it's been ok up to now however I have changed jobs and 400 miles in a day will be relatively common. 

I changed the seats to Mk4 golf gti seats but found the harder boulster painful on my right side. 

It's as if the peddles are too far offset to the right?

Any advice or thoughts? I'm at the point where I'll need to change car. I don't want to as I love my Skud but I just can't find a comfortable solution. 

Thanks in advance 

Alex

• Administrators
On 11/01/2024 at 17:05, Aleco1 said:

Hi all,

I'm hoping to pick your collective brains! I have a Mk1 Octavia estate with relatively low mileage at 82k. 

I've had the car 2+ years and always found the seats hard going on long journeys, it's been ok up to now however I have changed jobs and 400 miles in a day will be relatively common. 

I changed the seats to Mk4 golf gti seats but found the harder boulster painful on my right side. 

It's as if the peddles are too far offset to the right?

Any advice or thoughts? I'm at the point where I'll need to change car. I don't want to as I love my Skud but I just can't find a comfortable solution. 

Thanks in advance 

Alex

Welcome!

I found the MK4 Golf Recaro in leather rather comfortable. Although, I don't like leather personally... They do them in cloth, but not sure if that's what you're using now?

5f7e04f25c09ead8065381c14f21d49d.jpg

Cloth
Mk4-Golf-GTI-Recaro-Seats-5-Door-Full.we

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the info, will check out the leather recaros. Are they wider than the 'standard' GTI seat?

I have a set of non recaro GTis seats at the moment 

I have found a set locally to me (kent) but they're cream when ideally I'd like a dark colour - beggars can't be choosers I guess!

I have heated leather in my mk4 golf gtdi. They are comfortable for me and I'm a fat git with major back and leg problems. I also had a bora highline with heated leather which was also good.