Matrix Head Light Washer - Sticking out

6nations

It might just be the cold weather but the Matrix Head Light Washer periodically stay deployed after a wash cycle

Any experience of this and the solution

Car was new in Nov 2023 so a 2024 model year

They stick out in freezing conditions if the washer fluid is not the correct concentration for winter. Should go back in when defrosted.

8 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

They stick out in freezing conditions if the washer fluid is not the correct concentration for winter. Should go back in when defrosted.

cheers will check washer fluid saturation as i use vag / skoda own fluid, they deploy and spray but sometimes dont retract, not had this on previous Skoda's 

1 hour ago, 6nations said:

cheers will check washer fluid saturation as i use vag / skoda own fluid, they deploy and spray but sometimes dont retract, not had this on previous Skoda's 

A tip whilst we're on the subject of windscreen washer fluid ....... when making up washer fluid, I always use water from my dehumidifier thus avoiding limescale blockages from hard water. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StEdmund said:

A tip whilst we're on the subject of windscreen washer fluid ....... when making up washer fluid, I always use water from my dehumidifier thus avoiding limescale blockages from hard water. 

oh limescale joy , thankfully none in my new home location 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

dealer checked the washers no issues also no recalls, I use additive from VAG that goes down to -30 but the -4 frost / ice on car this morning they stuck out again, they deploy, jet but then stick out, odd!!

On 18/01/2024 at 15:47, 6nations said:

oh limescale joy , thankfully none in my new home location 

no limescale here either, most odd why they stick but actually do deploy and spray so it cant be theyre freezing!!!

5 hours ago, 6nations said:

dealer checked the washers no issues also no recalls, I use additive from VAG that goes down to -30 but the -4 frost / ice on car this morning they stuck out again, they deploy, jet but then stick out, odd!!

2 hours ago, 6nations said:

no limescale here either, most odd why they stick but actually do deploy and spray so it cant be theyre freezing!!!

Look at this logically. Have the washers ever stuck when it's not freezing?

When it was freezing and the were extended, how did they return to their normal position? Did they do this themselves when the temp went above freezing?

Did the garage  check the level of antifreeze in the washer fluid or just the washers?