2007 Fabia MK2 1.4 TDI heater blower issues

Hi guys, i have a RHD 07 Fabia 2 1.4 TDi and i have an issue with the heater blowers in the car as the suddenly stopped working, there is no power at all so its not the resistor as i know it would only work on number 4. Checked the fuse (no. 39) and its ok. Is there something else i am missing or haven't checked? is it definitely the fan thats failed? 

Thanks in advance.

See if the rear wiper also doesn't work currently, that seems to be fed by the same relay.

Position 4 in the relay holder behind dash, roughly in front of your right knee when sitting in driver's seat.

cheers m8, if you could let me know where it would be i would grateful as i have no idea :) 

Just now, Breezy_Pete said:

See if the rear wiper also doesn't work currently, that seems to be fed by the same relay.

Position 4 in the relay holder behind dash, roughly in front of your right knee when sitting in driver's seat.

rear wiper works :) 

1457715132_Screenshot2024-01-1917_30_11.png.e654446d4e0bad8417ce0006f29a66a1.png

This is where the x-relief relay lives, once you get visibility of the relay panel.

Not sure about rear wiper feed, will check again.

Edited by Breezy_Pete

Everywhere I look in the circuits, the rear wiper is fed by a 10Amp fuse in position 40, next to the blower motor fuse; both driven by the relay.

So if one isn't working because of the relay, I would think both wouldn't, unless the current demand being smaller for the wiper is what's making a difference.

Try a new or 'borrowed from another position' 25 Amp fuse for  #39. Take a photo first so you don't get mixed up.

Have a look to see if you have relays in that location.

Will be driver's side I expect, LHD car shown.

Photograph what you find.

Edited by Breezy_Pete

When my fan stopped working I too suspected the X Relay but it was the fan motor itself which had failed . The dealer who sold me the car replaced it FOC. 2009 Fabia.

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced resistor and still no joy on heater. If anyone can shed any light on how to remove the fan. See image as the fan is behind the penholder or does the whole dashboard have to come out? 

PXL_20240210_164559508.jpg

Starting point - waiting to take a brave pill and remove mine as bearing squeeeeeling. Is yours a Fabia 1 as my Greenline is basically a Fabia 2 spec wise and has doors on top and bottom dash storage.

On 17/02/2024 at 19:59, leepy71 said:

Replaced resistor and still no joy on heater. If anyone can shed any light on how to remove the fan. See image as the fan is behind the penholder or does the whole dashboard have to come out? 

PXL_20240210_164559508.jpg

I have the same problem right now. I think that the whole thing must come out, from co-driver to the driver side. I feel like it is separate from the upper part (dashboard). I found only 7 screws , i am sure that there are also mkre hidden. Would be happy if someone will shed some light.