Skoda Superb MK2 Hatch Rear Parking sensors not working

Hi all first post here so please go easy😂. I have recently purchased a Skoda superb mk2 hatch. On the night I purchased it, the left centre rear parking sensor was playing up saying that there was something there when there wasn’t. It now just has a long beep when I put it into reverse and no display or help when reversing. I ran a vcds scan and it came up as that sensor. Does anyone know how I can get access to replace that sensor or could it possibly be a wire loom. How well do generic eBay replacement sensors work as tps want over £130 for a new sensor. Thanks in advance for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2024 at 17:52, A845-ALY said:

Hi all first post here so please go easy😂. I have recently purchased a Skoda superb mk2 hatch. On the night I purchased it, the left centre rear parking sensor was playing up saying that there was something there when there wasn’t. It now just has a long beep when I put it into reverse and no display or help when reversing. I ran a vcds scan and it came up as that sensor. Does anyone know how I can get access to replace that sensor or could it possibly be a wire loom. How well do generic eBay replacement sensors work as tps want over £130 for a new sensor. Thanks in advance for the help.

You can change the corner ones easily. They just pop out of the holder. Granted is super fiddly and helps if you put the car on a ramp. 

The middle ones you have to remove the bumper piece which has 5 bolts from memory. 

The issue I have is I did replace one which works for a while, but now the module has died, causing the long beep. 

The long beep just indicates a fault. 

If on VCDS you see any fault other than just one sensor, you probably have a wiring loom fault or short in the module. 

You could also try fuses too. 

Also you can go cheap on the sensors. The cheap eBay ones have shiny black plastic and look stock, think they used to be £15 each. 

Edited by Bleechy

On 04/02/2024 at 07:17, Bleechy said:

You can change the corner ones easily. They just pop out of the holder. Granted is super fiddly and helps if you put the car on a ramp. 

The middle ones you have to remove the bumper piece which has 5 bolts from memory. 

The issue I have is I did replace one which works for a while, but now the module has died, causing the long beep. 

The long beep just indicates a fault. 

If on VCDS you see any fault other than just one sensor, you probably have a wiring loom fault or short in the module. 

You could also try fuses too. 

Also you can go cheap on the sensors. The cheap eBay ones have shiny black plastic and look stock, think they used to be £15 each. 

Thanks I can only see one sensor in vcds so I’m guessing it’s a single faulty sensor. It’s the centre left one. You say I need to remove a bumper piece? Is this just the undertray type plastic that I saw on another forum or the whole bumper. I just want the easiest way as il be doing it in the cold on axle stands

Just now, A845-ALY said:

Thanks I can only see one sensor in vcds so I’m guessing it’s a single faulty sensor. It’s the centre left one. You say I need to remove a bumper piece? Is this just the undertray type plastic that I saw on another forum or the whole bumper. I just want the easiest way as il be doing it in the cold on axle stands

I think it was just the black piece. Been ages since I dealt with it sorry.