Mk2 Octavia : Upgrade from Bolero radio to android and installing USB charging points!

Hello all.

I'm new here and very new to the Skoda world.

I just bought a Mk2 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI SE.

I'd like to potentially fit an upgrade to the Bolero radio to bring it a bit more up to date so I can stream and mirror from my phone amongst other things.

I did do a search on this, but does anyone have any tried and tested upgrades they could share, as well as the model and where they purchased them?

I'd also like to install some USB chargers to the car. Just to charge, not to link up to the stereo etc. As anyone done this sucessfully too?

If this info does exist elsewhere on the forum please do let me know.

Thanks so much!

Il

I have opted for a flush 24volt usb charger which means I'm not fussing around with electrics etc.

I would still like to replace the radio though.

Thanks!

Hi, I am also new to the Octavia ownership world, my mk2 has the stream unit fitted so I purchased an oem swing unit thinking it should just plug in and away you go. Unfortunately it turns out it isn’t so easy. Immediately the battery went flat overnight and continued to until I attempted a little research and saw a suggestion that because the previous unit matched to the car and other electronic components once removed there is an issue because the car does some kind of scan that once removed it does the scan again and again causing the drain. I reinstalled the original unit and the car was back as it had been with no power drain 

• Thanks 1