Replace rear passenger door outer seal - instructions requested

Has anyone replaced the outer door seal on one of the rear doors?  The seal on one of mine was replaced  about a year ago as part of a damaged door replacement.  The repairer left a gap at the bottom of the seal, there are no drain holes at the lowest part of the seal and the seal itself does not quite match the one on the opposite door.  The replacement has a rounded profile whereas the original has a slight peak.  I could bodge a repair by filling the gap at the bottom of the seal and creating a couple of drain holes but for the sake of €50 or so for the seal and the risk of leaks, it seems to be better to replace. Rear seat passengers have complained about motorway noise on that side of the car and the inner door shut is getting dirty whereas the other three stay clean in comparison.

I've looked online for a video showing the replacement but can't find any.  I'm really looking for information around the application of adhesive.  Any videos that I've found for other marques show seals held by clips whereas the Skoda one appears to be bonded.  Has anyone here replaced the seal?

Could you be more specific about what seal;

-The one on the aperture of the door frame 

-The one on the outermost face of the door that houses the window and pieces of external trim

-The one that runs around the edge of the door about half way between exterior and interior.

I suspect the last one, if so, this is glued on and to attach the new one you should use adhesion primer. It sounds more like they have used whatever was lying around rather than getting the actual correct seal.

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

Could you be more specific about what seal;

-The one on the aperture of the door frame 

-The one on the outermost face of the door that houses the window and pieces of external trim

-The one that runs around the edge of the door about half way between exterior and interior.

I suspect the last one, if so, this is glued on and to attach the new one you should use adhesion primer. It sounds more like they have used whatever was lying around rather than getting the actual correct seal.

Yes, the third one.  I agree that it looks like something that was at hand rather than the actual Skoda one.

Is there much adjustment time with adhesion primer?  Does the door have to be left ajar for a period of time after fitting the seal?