Is Karoq 1l petrol strong enough to take a full load and a family of 4 on a motorway journey and up hills?

Marsolpol

Hi. I'm considering buying Skoda Karoq 1l petrol (1.5 are out if my price range). Does anyone owns it and can share their experience of driving with a full load and a family of 4 on a motorway? I'd like to take it to hilly areas such as lake district and Wales but I'm worried it's not strong enough. Any thoughts? 

I own 1L petrol Karoq and live in a hilly location. I've experienced no power weakness since 2018, even with full load (including rear bike rack and 2 bikes on it) during holiday travels. 

IMG_5959.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

The 1.0tsi is much better engine than some realise, especially in the 113-115bhp versions.  Will cope fine.

It also works superbly with DSG box and having 7 gears tends to keep it in sweet spot.   but not as relaxing to drive with manual gearbox.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2024 at 21:35, Marsolpol said:

Hi. I'm considering buying Skoda Karoq 1l petrol (1.5 are out if my price range). Does anyone owns it and can share their experience of driving with a full load and a family of 4 on a motorway? I'd like to take it to hilly areas such as lake district and Wales but I'm worried it's not strong enough. Any thoughts? 

Based upon my experience of that engine in a SEAT I'd say it wouldn't be ideal in a fully-laden Karoq,  although as previous posters have mentioned the DSG box does a reasonable job of disguising the (relative) lack of power.

I recall a 1.0 TSi SEAT I previously owned was pretty reasonable on the motorway,  but was unable to reverse up relatively modest inclines  

Edited by pinkpanther
  • Like 1