What h7 led fit 2015 yetl

cheech

For the headlights? LED don't work well in headlights, they scatter the light. Probably better off with some "High Power" bulbs from Osram or Philips.

• Thanks 1

On 24/02/2024 at 11:33, cheech said:

Hi, I'm cheech. a newby to the forum.

Can anyone recommend any H7 LED bulbs that will work properly in my 2015 yeti please.

dont forget to take them out for the MOT though if you do get some.

Existing halogen headlamp units on vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must not be converted to be used with high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp for light source and lamp not compatible.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/4-lamps-reflectors-and-electrical-equipment#section-4-1-4   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Compared to the light output from the projector lights in my MK2 Octavia the illumination from the H7 Yeti headlights is magnificent, I wont be changing to LEDs.

Both vehicles I had fitted with brand new LHD headlights for use in France.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vRSG60 said:

Just don't expect them to last more than 6 months to a year. I speak from experience.

I have had them in the last 3 cars and 2 motorcycles and have replaced only one in my last motorcycle that I had for 14 years.

• Like 1

Fitted to my Yeti 9  -  10 years ago when R H dip units fitted, one failed late last year, and the other 2 weeks ago.

Worth the extra expense in my opinion!

• Like 1

On 07/03/2024 at 11:58, vRSG60 said:

Just don't expect them to last more than 6 months to a year. I speak from experience.

I had them in my Yeti for 4 years with no failures, and have had them in my Niro for 3 years with no failures.

• Like 1