Superb for Taxi

Yorkie67

@@Winston_Woof  In 2012 VW Group recalled 2.6 Million DQ200,s world wide to change the Synthetic Oil to Mineral and do a software update.  (That was for starters.)

In New Zealand they recalled all which were under 1,000 and they all got new MCU,s

In the Far East / Asia they extended the Warranty to 10 years / 100,000 miles.

In Europe seemingly we were not in the world.  Eventually in 2014 they started Service Campaign '34F7',  Voluntary, Change the Oil & Software Update.

2013-2015 the Service Campaign '34H5' was started because of Heat / Pressure and Cracks, / leaks, acctuator failures, a Software Update. 

Started in 2017.

There is now the 3rd recall on the DQ200,s in Australia, 2009-2015 for some, 2016 for others.

2015 on TPIs, for Clutch Upgrades, Software, as you can find in the Fabia Mk3 Section.

Overblown, just an Internet Myth.  Nobody ever died, loss of drive you could coast to the verge according to VW.  

The girl in Australia was not even in a car with a DSG.  

Edited by Rooted

5 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@@Winston_Woof  In 2012 VW Group recalled 4.6 Million DQ200,s world wide to change the Synthetic Oil to Mineral and do asoftware update.

In New Zealand they recalled all which were under 1,000 and they all got new MCU,s

In Europe seemingly we were not in the world.  Eventually in 2014 they started Service Campaign '34F7',  Voluntary, Change the Oil & Software Update.

2013-2015 the Service Campaign '34H5' was started because of Heat / Pressure and Cracks, / leaks, acctuator failures, a Software Update. 

Started in 2017.

There is now the 3rd recall on the DQ200,s in Australia, 2009-2015 for some, 2016 for others.

2015 on TPIs, for Clutch Upgrades, Software, as you can find in the Fabia Mk3 Section.

Overblown, just an Internet Myth.  Nobody ever died, loss of drive you could coast to the verge according to VW.  

so would a MY2018 fitted with a DQ200 likely have had those "fixes/changes" applied at the production line?

There's nothing specific I can see in the service print out of my estate (ex skoda fleet vehicle) . All i know is that with just under 125k miles on her the gearbox (to me at least) seems fine. No jerkiness in any gears.

• Like 1

You would bl00dy well hope so.  Vorsprung Durch Technik.

What a shame that with the 1.5 TSI ACT kangerooing it was said it was manuals only, or mainly manuals, it was not, it was just better disguised by a DSG.

What a shame that some with a duff DQ200 DSG then like in Karoqs punted the cars because Skoda Dealership staff said, They all do that, or Never heard of that.

There were duff DQ200,s, there will always be a few, it is a crying shame that Skoda / VW can not accept that is only 5% of Skoda produced DQ200,s it is their fault not the drivers. 

23 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@@Winston_Woof  In 2012 VW Group recalled 2.6 Million DQ200,s world wide to change the Synthetic Oil to Mineral and do a software update.  (That was for starters.)

Started in 2017.

I expect the recalls in subsequent years would involve the same cars.

All modifications made over time would have been addressed in  production of newer models

Mladá Boleslav, 9 February 2022 – ŠKODA AUTO has produced its four millionth DQ200 automatic direct-shift gearbox at its Vrchlabí plant since production first started in 2012. The dual-clutch transmissions are used in models from the Czech carmaker as well as in vehicles made by other Volkswagen Group brands.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/skoda-autos-vrchlabi-plant-produces-4000000th-dq200-automatic-direct-shift-gearbox/

They are probably still making that 2,300 a day

But i wouldn't buy a used car with a dry clutch DSG

I was being conservative. Picking a number out of the air.   They VW Group know the failure rate. Never want it revealed in a court of law with  claim in a Civil Case.

LIke other cases, they settle out of court with Non Disclosure Agreements.

2015 Mk3 Fabia DSG,s and others they still ba-llsed up.  Then 2018 software patches.

Forget the 2009-2012, or the 2013-2015,  dealt with, then look at the whole picture.   They just need to stop denial.  Put a 10 year warranty or at least a 8 year warranty on a DSG / s-Tronic that has no Service Regime. 

Edited by Rooted

3 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

5% is one in twenty that sounds  like a big gamble to me

but that's a 95% chance there will be no problem ;o)

"The optimist laughed and the pessimist cried in his wine"

VW Never developed a replacemt for DQ200,s so the went Electrified,  DQ200-e,   add Mild Hybrid, less stress on the box.

PHEV used DQ400-e.  6 speed Wet Clutch.

Other world regions can have a 1.4 TSI with 8 speed Torque Converter Auto. 

Edited by Rooted

4 minutes ago, Winston_Woof said:

but that's a 95% chance there will be no problem ;o)

"The optimist laughed and the pessimist cried in his wine"

If we hadn't changed the way we do road signs for hills i would have thought 95% was good too 😉

Edited by Stonekeeper
  • Like 1