Side light help- Facelift version

Jbbhx

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a silly question…

Just got a 2017 citigo which is the facelift version, I have the DRL as the strip under then lights on either side which are always on.

Now, when I turn my dial to side lights should anything change up front? For me just the back lights come on and instrument panel lights up and DRL stay as they were all the time. 
just wondering if the front should come on at all or is this part of the new version? 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Jbbhx said:

Now, when I turn my dial to side lights should anything change up front?

No.

1 hour ago, Jbbhx said:

For me just the back lights come on

Yes.

1 hour ago, Jbbhx said:

instrument panel lights up

Only on Dipped & main Beam not side lights.

1 hour ago, Jbbhx said:

DRL stay as they were all the time

Yes.

Thanks. AG Falco

Instrument panel lights are on all the time the ignition is on, dimly if ambient light level is high enough, brightly if your lights are turned on, but OFF if your lights are off and ambient light is below a certain level (it's a warning to turn your lights on)

And obviously DRLs go to half-brightness (by law) when your headlights are turned on, and also when sidelights are on but only when parked (ignition off)

Thanks all for replies so far.

so on Citigo the side light setting is just the DRL for the front of the car? 
My old car had DRL and also side lights, and dipped beam. 

"so on Citigo the side light setting is just the DRL for the front of the car? "

No! As a said, the "sidelight setting" on the lighting switch will turn on the rear lights as well as the DRLs at the front.  If the lighting switch is off, the front DRLs are on, fully bright, but with no tail lights.

It's probably easiest to test all the combinations of the light switch with ignition on and off, walking round the car to see. Don't forget to test the indicator position too, because if you are parked and have "sidelights" set on the switch (dim DRLs and tail lights on) the indicator stalk will set only left or right parking lights.  The logic is perfectly good when you see it in action.