Creaking rear suppension (But only when dry, doesn't happen when its wet, like raining etc...)

Penda77

Hi all, 

I've had this issue for a while, wasn't so bad over winter as it's been quite wet and theres no noise.

I originally took it to Halfords and they replaceed a rear shock.

Didn't do anything, so took it back and they wanted to replace a bump stop... £400+ (Didn't do that as their initial idea didn't do anything and felt like they would keep replacing parts at random to hopefully find the issue 😞)

So instead I took it to QuickFit, but started raining on the way, so no noise when they looked at it.. they said the underside looked in really good condition and nothing wrong with the bushes... 

It's driving me mad and so I am going to take it back again on a dry day to see if they can find out whats going on...

I can see there are other forums, but mine specifically happens only when dry. 

Any advice etc etc would be great..

I'll update as I go.

spray one bush at a time with silicone and see which causes the noise to away. don't forget subframe bushes as well as dampers and spring ends.

• Like 1