Apple CarPlay

Hi!

i have problems getting Apple CarPlay to work on my 2019 ŠKODA Fabia Combi Monte Carlo. I have tried updating the software, but it still gives me an error message when connecting to AirPlay, asking me to check if my iPhone supports AirPlay. I’ve tried different phones, different cables and made sure CarPlay is allowed in Screen Time.

Anyone know why I can’t connect?

Thanks!

- Peter

IMG_1061.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

Locked phone screen? There is a "CarPlay" setting in iPhone menu under Settings -> General where you can allow CarPlay connect also when screen locked.

I understand no other phones are able to connect while they work correctly with CarPlay on the other cars with the same cable?

I have only once had head unit crashed and hard reset helped (I think it needed holding the power button for 10s or something similar).

I’ve tried resetting to factory settings twice, and used an original Apple Lightning cable, but still no luck. I take it from your replies that from the looks of it, there’s nothing to indicate that CarPlay somehow isn’t activated or supported by my car’s software or hardware. Faulty USB-port doesn’t quite make sense either. Unless there’s any other possible solutions I guess I might need to see a certified ŠKODA repair shop?