2015 1.2TSI 105ps SE Manual timing belt or chain

2015 Car is an Octavia Estate with 1.2 TSI 105ps petrol.

Did this engine have a cam belt or a timing chain?  My 2010 YETI 1.2 TSI has a timing chain (It had a new engine after destruction due to chain debacle with VW).

Seller of Octavia is claiming "cam belt changed at...."  So did the 2015 Octavia have a different engine spec with a cam belt or was there a change from chain to belt between 2013 and 2015 and if so when?

Salesman at dealership was particularly ignorant about any information about the Octavia...optional packs for example.

I have seen one Octavia Estate that had an optional suspension height increase pack but can't find any information about what was involved (around £127 at the time).  Would be a good mod for my rough farm track.

Am looking to sell Yeti and get a USED Octavia Estate SE...fewer bells and whistles the better for my cars please.

Den.

I have no prior knowledge on this car and it was a minefield when looking for cars myself about 6 years ago as I too was concerned about chain driven engines. Our Seat Leon 63/13 plate with a 105BHP 1.2TSI engine has a belt. It was changed on purchase and again last year. 

Your Octavia 1,2 TSI from 2015 has a timing belt. The engine is part of the Volkswagen EA211 family and is a complete redesign after the previous generation which had (problematic) chains.

• Like 2