New Boot latch not working

Where did you buy it?

was it brand new?

have you checked for any updated part numbers?

has the fault been diagnosed as a boot latch - if so how? How sure it’s not a coincidence?

6 hours ago, lfcmassive said:

no it was second hand of Ebay would it be better to by a brand new door latch 

Do you mean latch? Or do you mean button to release it?

The latch is the actual locking part that connects the tailgate to the car body.

Right I'll start from the Very Strat mate long story as my old man is clueless.... he said it would not unlock of the key fob unlock? ONLY on HOLD DOWN BOOT Button so he was told by someone it was the BOOT LATCH anyway the latch was changed and lasted for about 6 times then STOPPED. NOW he has bought a switch that has told me it does not work NOW i know why it's of a ****ing MK2 which is half the size of the MK3 any cut. along story short it is the SWITCH that is knackered so you where right all a long. I have had nothing to do with any of it all I have done is contact people on the forums.... 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1