BMW 1 SERIES ...... 71 plate ..... my opinions / thoughts

Tilt

I will keep it short and then if anyone has any (sensible, Lol) questions then ask away.

Firstly, the car details ..... M Sport 118i, BMW Approved Used Stratstone Derby, 13,000 miles, One previous owner, Steptronic. with a 1.5 engine with turbo.

Purchase price ..... FAR too much :crying:

My biggest gripe by far is the road noise. There is a constant drone / rumble on any surface other than smooth roads. This is not really speed related either as it is noticeable at quite low speeds.  @Rooted did try to tell me but I didn't think it would be as bothersome to me as much as it is.

I found my Octavia noisy above 50mph but under that, it was quite acceptable, but that was an 18 year old vehicle with 150,000 miles on it......

Not super impressed with the Steptronic Auto either, but it is ok. This is BMW's name for it's CVT transmission, albeit with a twin clutch (if I have this correct).

It makes it feel a little spongy ..... I believe this utilises belts and pulleys.

( I know it is totally different but I loved the DSG in the octavia. Perfectly matched with the PD engine IMO.)

The stop start in the petrol engine'd cars does not work very well, not smooth at all but I have seen it mentioned that it works well with their diesel engines.

So this gets turned off every time I remember to.

And I hate the fact that even when you have your foot pressing the brake you can feel the engine still trying to pull the car forward ..... no wonder the fuel consumption has been reported to be quite poor.....

And not realising that it's anti collision system was set to max when I first had it, the car almost made an emergency stop because it deemed me too close to the car in front, the one that was turning left a few metres in front of me and had almost left the lane. Turned it down to minimum straight away.

Pretty sure I would hate to be in a self driving vehicle, unless I was unable to drive of course, but then I would still sooner be in a taxi or something driven by a human being.

I may add to this if I think of anything else but yes, although I love the interior and the LED lights are excellent and enable me to see the road very well at night, it is not the premium car that I thought / hoped it was.

Cheers

• Like 1