2012 fabia 1.6 tdi 105 bhp in limp mode

i have a fabia 1.6 tdi that has gone into limp mode i have done a code read and it is giving 2 codes P0236 and P0238 both are active/static boost sensor (A) circuit range / performance and boost sensor (A) circuit high input can anyone advise me what to check or replace 

feem_3da091545636e_IMG_20240331_180132418.jpg

Those codes are originated by the MAP sensor, however they do NOT necessarily mean the MAP sensor is faulty, they indicate that the turbo may be over boosting, possibly due to a stuck wastegate which is a mechanical fault that the computer cannot know about. Further investigation is needed, does the car enter low torque mode?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

yes it was a broken wire to the map sensor right next to the plug got a replacement plug with wire from the breakers then replaced the map sensor at the same time the car runs like a dream now

Edited by stuart1st

41 minutes ago, stuart1st said:

yes it was a broken wire to the map sensor right next to the plug got a replacement plug with wire from the breakers then replaced the map sensor at the same time the car runs like a dream now

Thanks for answering, will check it out.