Map update

Newbie here - just bought 2016 Superb SE L Exec - and lots to read in thew manuals.  As Sat Nav giving maps 2015/16 thought I'd download latest from Skoda - no problem except for size of file  - 27Gb - Q, has anyone updated their Sat Nav maps of late and are there any issues/conflicts  - thought I'd read in manual there could be problems.

22 minutes ago, Spike21 said:

Newbie here - just bought 2016 Superb SE L Exec - and lots to read in thew manuals.  As Sat Nav giving maps 2015/16 thought I'd download latest from Skoda - no problem except for size of file  - 27Gb - Q, has anyone updated their Sat Nav maps of late and are there any issues/conflicts  - thought I'd read in manual there could be problems.

I’ve been updating for years, but not the latest yet.

Never had a problem

I've updated the maps regularly and I'm currently running the latest available, which is the 2024 version.  I've never had a problem and have always carefully followed the correct procedure to avoid any pitfalls.  The only thing I've noticed is that the latest maps still show the default speed limit in Wales as 30 mph which was reduced to 20 mph in September last year, though this shouldn't be a problem in Grantham!

@Spike21

click on link in my signature, most popular questions already have been answered

@Penpusher

each "new" release contains at least half year old files in it 😞

personally me prefer Waze for daily routes and Google Maps for abroad trips

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MartiniB said:

@Spike21

click on link in my signature, most popular questions already have been answered

@Penpusher

each "new" release contains at least half year old files in it 😞

personally me prefer Waze for daily routes and Google Maps for abroad trips

2 years ago just after I'd updated the maps, I was driving from Poland to Lithuania through the Suwalki Gap and it was trying to send me along the new dual carriageway from Suwalki to the border that hadn't been opened at that time, so on that occasion the maps were ahead of themselves!

8 minutes ago, Spike21 said:

Thanks guys - will do update now

As youve never done it before it can take a while like up to 45 minutes I’ve seen before.

So it’s best to do it when you know you’re going for a long drive, note it doesn’t have to complete as it’ll pickup where it last finished if you turn your car off