-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
I've been out today in the car and it's updated to version 0334 successfully! Two problems that I had since I bought the car two years ago was that when I pressed a location pin on the map that I want to go to, it came up with the address as England, Deutschland and also, when I looked in Traffication, it showed the traffic laws for Germany but it never issued any notifications for the UK. The dealers tried to fix it but without success and said I'll have to wait for a software update and at long last it's done. It now shows the address as United Kingdom and the traffic laws for the same. I'll have to wait to see if I get any notifications now as I've said yes to all the options, so hopefully something will happen.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
I had the same message as yesman yesterday when I pulled up for a doctor's appointment, though I didn't have time to read it properly before everything was switched off. No further messages came up on the short journey home. I'm not using the car much at the moment as we're having a new bathroom and cloakroom fitted, so it'll be interesting to find out in due course if it's finally fixed.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I took mine for its first MOT yesterday and it passed easily with a comment that it's in excellent condition all round. As it's only 3 years old and has just passed 18,000 miles, it's what I expected. The crunch comes at the end of this month when the tax is due at £640 - ouch!
-
Coasting
I'm the opposite of most people on here as I like the coasting. Maybe because I experienced it in the late 1960s/early 1970s with two-strokes that had a lockable flywheel to prevent fuel starvation when you lift off the accelerator, which it turn starves the engine of lubrication. I previously lived in Brecon and I could easily coast for a couple of miles downhill when crossing the Brecon Beacons, but now I'm in Lincoln, which is the opposite of Brecon and is very flat!
-
Skoda Connect issue
I had exactly the same problem as you when I bought my 2023 Superb 2 years ago. The dealer where I bought it (Sinclairs of Swasea) couldnt fix it and it had to be referred to Skoda Support, who came up with a solution, but it had to go back to the dealer. As we were selling our house and searching for a replacement in Lincoln at the time and we were then living in Brecon, which was nearly 50 miles away, we deferred it until we moved to Lincoln, where it was resolved by Hortons. You will probably need to take it to the dealer. Mine was done under the manufacturer's 3 year warranty, so I assume you'll be able to get them to fix it under the warranty you had with your car? One thing they couldn't fix is when I use a pin location on the map, it shows the address, then England, Deutschland. Also, traffication shows the traffic laws for Germany in this country. The dealer says a software update should fix this when Skoda issue one, but I'm sure I'll have to live with this until I sell the car. I'm not that bothered about it, but a relatively new car should have everything working correctly. When we went abroad in April and May, pin locations and traffic laws came up correctly in other countries as far afield as Lithuania with the traffication notifications working correctly.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
I've just been in the car and I was nearly right. You need to be selecting settings in the menu, but then system information and not version My OAP brain sometimes gets these things mixed up! The only thing that's not right now is when I press a location on the map that I want to go to and it comes up with the address, England, Deutschland. Also, when I look in Traffication, it shows the traffic laws for Germany but has never issued any notifications in the UK. I went to Lithuania in the car in April/May and the correct countries were shown every time I crossed a border and notifications were received, but as soon as we came off the ferry in Dover, it went back to Germany. It's going in for a service next month and the warrenty runs until October, so I've asked the dealer to have a look at it.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Yes, the map updates are automatic and I can see the map version by selecting settings in the menu, then version (I think, or someting towards the end of the settings menu). I carry out this check automatically in the car but it's not so easy to remember what I press when I'm not in the car!
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
I was having this problem too and then a couple of days ago I pressed the button for more info and nothing came up, but the update screen hasn't reappeared since. I've no idea if this has stopped it coming up or if Skoda have sorted it out now. At least my maps are up to date with version 05.26.
-
Chrome trim How much!!!!!!!
I lost the same trim on my 2016 Superb a few years ago on the motorway in France. I heard a sudden rattling noise that quickly stopped and found it was missing on my next stop. They'd come loose occasionally before this, but I'd always noticed and pushed them back on again as you hear a twang as you open the door. This time it was after we came off the ferry and with all the noises and lack of much light, it went unnoticed
-
New MPH display when in KM/H?
I went to continental Europe last year in my 2023 Superb. I only changed the speed to KPH and left distance etc in imperial. I don't usually use the display you're showing and I don't remember seeing this dual display anywhere. I'm off to Lithuania in the Superb in April and I'll look then to see if I can see this display. I'd be quite happy to see both shown on the display so I know my speed in a measurement I'm more familiar with.
-
No virtual cockpit warning for low battery on key fob
Yes, it came up when I turned on the ignition for a few seconds and then went to the usual start up display if I remember correctly. With age not on my side and a house move since it happened, it's difficult to remember precisly!
-
No virtual cockpit warning for low battery on key fob
I had this warning on my 23 plate Superb last year, which surprised me as I thought the battery would be older before it'd lose power, but I suppose the batteries used when the car is new could have come from old stock. I changed the battery as a precaution and it hasn't happened again yet.
-
Android Auto Keeps Resetting Volume
I only ever use the radio, but I find that the volume sometimes goes to zero if I cancel a traffic report by pressing the left hand wheel on the steering wheel. It's a bit annoying, but I just turn the volume back up and live with it as I've no idea if it can be resolved.
-
Skoda super 2.0 tsi mpg
Hi dsgman The only issues I had with AdBlue were in the winter when I wasn't using the car to go very far during covid when the DPF warning light came on. I drove up and down the Brecon bypass a few times to clear it and when I traded the car in at 8 years old, it was running fine. Apart from when covid prevented us from travelling, we'd make occasional trips trips to Merthyr Tydfil and Hereford from Brecon during the winter and this was enough to prevent the warning light coming on. I filled AdBlue up with i0 litres when the gauge showed it'd take that much and followed the procedure exactly as described and never had any issues.
-
Skoda super 2.0 tsi mpg
Looking back at my annual trips to Lithuania which average around 3,300 miles per trip, in 2024 the last time I went in my 2016 2.0 TDi 190 it averaged 55.3 mpg and the first time I went in my 2023 2.0 TSi 190 in 2024, it averaged 50.2 mpg. With the current price of diesel in the UK about 10p more than petrol and with the added cost of AdBlue, the savings of running a diesel are negligible for me. Also, as I'm now retired and make many more short journeys around town between the occasional long trip, there would be no point in me buying a diesel.
Penpusher
FREEDOM
-
Joined
-
Last visited