Rear view mirror wobbling

Hi

So here's the thing. I was cleaning my 2014 octavia 2.0 elegance inside the other day and knocked the rear view mirror.

Now it's got a wobble on. I removed the mirror by twisting to release from the fixing mount and noticed the fixing mount that is stuck on the windscreen has come away slightly hence the wobble. 

I also noticed the rain sensing wasn't working correctly as there was only a little rain and they switched to maximum wipe speed after 2 slow wipes. 

Also the auto dimming feature doesn't work now either. 

I'm wondering if it's because it is not fixed to the windscreen securely that I've now got these issues?

Does anyone have any suggestions on glueingthe plastic mount back on to the windscreen. I've seen some glues that are supposed to be ok but reviews are not too promising?

Hope this makes sense. Thank you for any ideas

There isn’t much retail that will refit it sadly. 
You need an industrial etch, primer and adhesive that is specific for glass to do it properly else it will just fall off.

your best bet is getting in touch with a windscreen company who should be able to do it.

Edited by ApertureS

Hi thank you for your reply.

I unclipped the mirror once more and noticed there are a couple of clips inside one of which had come away from where it was supposed to be. I clipped it back on and reattached the mirror and it is a lot more stable and not wobbling like a jelly. Rain sensor seemed better but when the road is bumpy it seems to unsettle it so the wipers go a bit quicker.

Not sure about the auto dimming mirror as I've not really used it in the dark yet but we'll see.

I did have the same thought about glass fitters so I messaged autoglass but they said they don't do that kind of repair unfortunately.

I'll see how it goes for now.

Cheers