2014 Octavia Scout Mk III 4x4 issues

Posted (edited)

Ok, good to know, thanks @J.R. will investigate this with the workshop next week. He said previously that no faults were showing so sounds like the former rather than the latter (hopefully).  I just saw your last post too. I agree, the traction the car provides just with the front wheels driving is impressive and gives the false impression that the 4x4 is working.  I'm hoping it rains a bit and then can just see that the fronts are turning but not the rears.

Possibly a dumb question, but could it be that in slippery, muddy conditions the 4x4 may work, but in more serious conditions such as where I shot the video it won't due to additional pressure or something?

Edited by dominodolmio

No, it 100% should be working where the photograph was taken, its a very good place to demonstrate it.

Otherwise choose a wet day and a slippery junction where you know you would lose traction unless modulating the throttle and clutch, when safe to do so drive away far too rapidly like an inexperienced driver, you should feel some wheelspin and then a kick in the back showing the Haldex has engaged, if there is a way of disabling the EDL (is there a button?) but not the Haldex then that will make it clearer, the EDL manifests itself as a graunching (the brake being applied to the spinning wheel) noise and also engine torque limitation.

• Like 1