Octavia Estate DSG Reliability

Considering an Octavia estate and has to be automatic as I only have auto license. Had 1.9 tdi in Audi before so know it's got a good reputation. Mine was the 130bhp though, wondered what the 105bhp 1.9 tdi in Skoda Octavia 2008 is like and also is the DSG in that generation model reliable as long as it has gearbox oil changed on time? Also, what's the cambelt interval for the 105bhp model please?

The 130 engine is something else entirely compared to the 105. I have the Octy and a Fabia vRS. The furby does not run out of breath like the Octy does but the Octy is no slouch. 
I believe it’s pot luck with a DSG, make sure it’s had an oil and filter every 38-40k as scheduled on the older wet clutch boxes like these. Cambelt wise it’s 4 years and about 80k whichever comes sooner I think. Not sure if the latest VAG advice to leave for longer applies on the older cars. 

• Like 1

Thank you for that, will have to ask if the one I've seen has gearbox service records, I know sadly many people neglect oil and filter change for their auto gearbox!