Trim sounds coming from the bottom of A pillar

Hello, I bought two Fabia MK4s, one in 2022 and one in 2023. Although I love this car for almost everything, I have to admit that it fails in the area of trim sounds, which is the thing that drives me crazy the most in a car.

There is a lot of trim noise, especially at the point where the A-pillar meets the dashboard. When I hold this place with my hand or squeeze something like paper in between, the sound stops.

Does anyone know how to remove and install the plastic trim piece covering the A-pillar or have you seen a service document about it? I tried to open one of them starting from the top, but although I could open one or two level, I had to force it for the rest and I preferred not to force it.

If I can do this, I aim to stick a silicone tape on the end point so that I can use my car in peace. By the way, the service point is quite far away, so I don't want to drive there for this problem.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help.

I had a car that squeaked and rustled around the dashboard and uttered plaintive cries when turning the steering wheel from lock to lock'

especially as the weather got hotter.

I found a small amount of silicone household polish applied with a squirt, or on a cloth, shut it all up, especially the steering column nylon bushes.

Just be careful overspray can turn surfaces such as car mats extremely slick.

• Like 1

My Mk4 Fabia colour edition had exactly the same intermittent squeak noise. Took me some time to find out that it was coming from where the top of the dashboard meets the A pillar on the passenger side near to the windscreen.

Just lightly placing your hand on that area stopped it. So I got a very tiny piece of rubber and wedged it in between the top of the dashboard and the windscreen next to the A pillar. You can't see it from the inside of the car because I've got a small non-slip mat on the dashboard to accommodate a  car dehumidifier pad and this mat covers it. Hardly visible from the outside of the car. Nice simple cheap solution - Solved the noise problem completely.