Alarm troubleshooting

Hey all

In my newly purchased Fabia, the alarm remote doesnt do anything (with fresh batteries. The remote doesnt look original, but the system might be..?). However when I lock the doors with the key, the red LED next to the lock lever is blinking.

I want to track down the issue if it isnt the remote itself, but not sure where to start..

Could you help figure out of the alarm is original or not, and what i have to do to see of it can turn on?

I actually only care about the central locking, not the pressure sensor alarm… do t need it to go off at all, just dont want to have to use the key for locking/unlocking

Have a great day!

3 hours ago, Kruv said:

when I lock the doors with the key, the red LED next to the lock lever is blinking.

The LED is for the door deadlocks, and nothing to do with the alarm system. As the car is 19 years old (based on your metadata, thanks) the alarm battery may well be dead.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and the tip!

I did get fresh batteries before trying.   Do you know where I should start digging?   
Is there maybe a service manual to be had on here..?