Octavia VRS Wagon in Primer

C_B

Hi,

I have agreed a deal to purchase a MK3 VRS 245 to replace my F80 M3 with a more sensible and potentially less ruinous family car! We also now have a dog to cart around.

I wanted a grey DSG car and my must haves were the bigger wheels and heated seats. In the end I found a car with the winter and convenience packs and the canton upgrade.

Here are my questions for you knowledgeable lot

• The gloss black centre console around the gearstick looks like it had a previous life as a shield in the middle ages, is this easy to replace and dont suppose anyone has the parts number?
  • My first job will be to retro fit a reversing camera, I found the very helpful guide but the link was to a camera for the saloon not estate. Anyone have a link to the right camera for the Wagon? I am happy to go with an Ali express special
  • I am fond of having a fast road setup one on my cars, I find the extra camber really sharpens up the handling at the cost of a little tyre wear. Anyone any experience with this and the parts needed to achieve?
  • Does the fancy diff need servicing, when and would you trust a dealer to do it? I find the skoda service schedule very generic and not really considerate of the special parts like DSG and diff on this car.

Plans will be minimal, but I like how these look with the stance improved so spacers and springs and some black badges will probably be the limit. Plus a machine polish and ceramic coating.

Its a while since I had a FWD car and I was impressed at how it got the power down, my last big power FWD car was a focus ST 225 running about 260 BHP and it had a lot of axel tramp. I would remap if I felt it would not ruin this aspect what are peoples experiences?

1 hour ago, C_B said:

..... I would remap if I felt it would not ruin this aspect what are peoples experiences?

Hello C_B :hi:

I had my 2015 220TSI remapped to north of 300bhp (Probably around the 310 mark in reality) on a Revo stage one.  It was a fair bit more sprightly :nod:  I found it quite aggressive mid range, but that was just something to get used to, and more of a quirk than an issue.  Overall I enjoyed the maps outcome 👍 (and I secretly hoped mine was one of the cars the ST owners didn't like :blush).

Gaz