Parking sensors, 360 camera

I'm narrowing down my search for a "new" car to a Kodiaq, and as my wife is not great with parking, I'm thinking front parking sensors, or a 360 view would cost less than repairing the car. Are there specific models/year that comes with front and rear parking sensors? I was checking on autotrader, and mostly the VRS comes with it, but I'm looking at something more modest in price, and the smaller engine models all seem to come only with rear parking sensors. Are there specific models with 360 camera or is it an optional and hard to find?

Pretty sure front and rear sensors were standard on quite a few models, certainly pre-facelift (before 2021). Possibly post-facelift too, but the chip shortage just as the facelift was launched really messed up the specs.

The optional park assist adds side sensors as well as autonomous parking - maybe that would be a better option to look for than the cameras?

And I think the L&K is the only trim level that had Area View (the 360 cameras) as standard.

For MY21 for example, both pre and post the Build Week 48 changes (dropping of Edition & Scout, some spec changes) everything but the basic SE had front and rear sensors as standard.

The L&K had Area View as standard, pre BW48, but after nothing did, and whilst it was an option on the SEL & Sportline (and Edition & Scout) it was only an option on the L&K if taken with trailer assist and towbar.

Rear view camera was standard on SE Drive, and an option on the SEL & Sportline, but not the L&K. 

I do wonder if there might be an error with the brochure, since I'd be surprised if these were not options on the L&K, unless they came as part of a package elsewhere.

Park Assist was an option on everything but SE & SE Drive.

The VRS is not in my post BW48 brochure so don't know what it came with after that.

The autonomous parking is very cool (though more aggressive with speed than I was expecting). Will try it with some tighter spaces shortly. The front is relatively easy to place, the camera does make things a little easier (and the rear one shouldn't be that hard to retrofit). Don't know about the front one, that's a good question.

as an aside, does Park Assist mean BLIS can also be activated?

Kufatec has a cable set including the front and rear cameras for around €1000.

16 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Pretty sure front and rear sensors were standard on quite a few models, certainly pre-facelift (before 2021). Possibly post-facelift too, but the chip shortage just as the facelift was launched really messed up the specs.

The optional park assist adds side sensors as well as autonomous parking - maybe that would be a better option to look for than the cameras?

And I think the L&K is the only trim level that had Area View (the 360 cameras) as standard.

I was looking at autotrader, lots of models with just rear sensors. I ended up giving up on lane assist as it seems quite rare and expensive. L&K trim is definitely out of my budget unfortunately

14 hours ago, SimonB68 said:

For MY21 for example, both pre and post the Build Week 48 changes (dropping of Edition & Scout, some spec changes) everything but the basic SE had front and rear sensors as standard.

The L&K had Area View as standard, pre BW48, but after nothing did, and whilst it was an option on the SEL & Sportline (and Edition & Scout) it was only an option on the L&K if taken with trailer assist and towbar.

Rear view camera was standard on SE Drive, and an option on the SEL & Sportline, but not the L&K. 

I do wonder if there might be an error with the brochure, since I'd be surprised if these were not options on the L&K, unless they came as part of a package elsewhere.

Park Assist was an option on everything but SE & SE Drive.

The VRS is not in my post BW48 brochure so don't know what it came with after that.

I ended up finding an SE with front/rear parking sensors and rear camera. I'll check the condition tomorrow, it may be a winner.